Andrew House Cottage and Barn are on the edge of the village of Stainton, just to the north of Ullswater, a couple of miles from the M6 motorway and the West Coast mainline railway and in easy reach of the Pennines that can be seen from the upstairs windows and gardens.
- Thriving pub and farm shop tearooms in Stainton
- Dalemain country house, an alpaca farm and the Rheged centre are all close by
- Villages like Greystoke, Penruddock, Dockray and Dacre are just across the fields
- Market town of Penrith nearby with all the facilities of a leisure centre and swimming pool, independent cinema, weekly market, shops and supermarkets
- A short drive into the stunning Lake District scenery with Ullswater to the south, Keswick and Borrowdale to the west and Skiddaw, Blencathra and the northern fells to the north
- Easy motorway and main road access to the north Pennines, Carlisle and Hadrian’s Wall.
Whether you’d like a secluded spot for rest and relaxation, a base to explore the Lake District or a centre from which to explore northern England and the Borders, Andrew House Cottage and Barn are the ideal location.
“What a fabulous place, surprised by the fact that we had not discovered Stainton and Andrew House previously on our many visits to the Lakes. The Cottage is maintained to an exceptional standard and everything you need was to hand. It felt like home. The location is ideal – Ullswater in 5 minutes and Keswick in 20 minutes – perfect.”